First let me state by no means to I think I am better than anyone else here this is just my perspective.
Keeping that in mind here goes.

My wife and I do not teach our children that santa is real, however if you know us at all and have seen any of our holiday pics that lisa has taken and other vids you know we take the boys to see santa.


I see this as no different then letting them see Scooby doo or dora at Kings Island. They are not real, they know it as much as a 2 ½ year old can understand..

Growing up my parents never taught me Santa was real, that he gets you presents if you are good etc etc.
Mind you I do not feel deprived of anything at all. I was able to go sit on santa’s lap and tell him what I wanted for Christmas like any other child.

We have been teaching Nolan for a while now that God makes trees, flowers, the sun and the moon etc. Only lately when we ask him who made this or that he says SANTA!!!. We gently laugh and say no silly God made it. We’ve never told him santa made anything, somehow somewhere he picked that up. Now when you ask him sometimes he will say Santa and just laugh and say no santa’s pretend, he’s not real, God is real. Now we don’t snarl or yell at Nolan if he does these things we enjoy it, nor do we “preach” at him about it. he’s only 2 ½.
We don’t teach the boys that santa gives them presents because what possible good is there in doing so? For one you may have to explain to them (possibly crying kid) one day santa is not real. My mom didn’t find this out till she was 10 or so something like that.
To me promoting that santa gives our children gifts takes away from the ultimate reason for the season. My personal conviction is that teaching our children that Santa is real and brings them presents is the ultimate insult to God. Here’s why God graciously provides me a job that, provides me money to provide a home, food and yes to buy gifts for the kids.
For me nothing is added by telling our kids santa is real, but plenty is taken away from God by telling them santa provided the gifts.
If you really want to go deeper the whole idea of santa is that if you are good you get presents, when in reality God provides Christians and even the unsaved with great gifts regardless how wicked or evil we can be.
I am so thankful I am not rewarded based on how good I am or should I say AM NOT!
For me to say that even the smallest gift comes from santa would take the ultimate glory from God.
We are blessed because of God’s wonderful grace not due to anything of man.

Isaiah 43:7
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory,
I have formed him; yea, I have made him


I am a sinner saved by God’s Grace, everything I have is because of him, not me. Sometimes God does not get all the glory like he should. I hope not to promote something that takes away HIS glory even more.

Nolan's First time visiting Santa He still is scared of him,
Nathaniel had no problems with santa on his first visit this year.
pay close attention to the part where nolan stops for a moment looks at santa then starts up again. Too Funny!

0 comments: