This upcoming election has really been eating at me. For as long as I have been able to vote when someone were to ask me if I was Republican or Democrat I would answer “I don’t vote party lines I vote on issues and try to use biblical principles when deciding who or what to vote for and I generally find that is with the republican party”. I even tell this to the poll workers when voting and they ask me. I get funny looks but I don’t care. My dad taught me through many of his sermons years ago vote what is right and Godly and let God take care of the rest he is in control.


Isaiah 46

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure


I am voting on biblical principals, as I hope you are as well.
Nowhere in the Bible does God say to vote or do the lesser of 2 evils.
Choosing between a phony conservative Republican and liberal Democrat is no choice at all. Voting for a party or person who does not hold the principles anywhere near what the Bible teaches results in a nation moving ever farther away from God.
I stand by my principles which are biblically based as best as this feeble minded man's can be, plain and simple.

Many Christians make statements like if I don’t vote for X Candidate even though I know they do not hold anywhere near the same biblical principals then someone worse may get in. I feel this relates well to Mark 8.

Mark 8:36-37
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Like most of you (I assume) I voted for George W. Bush a man I believe did not do many of the things he set out to do in office. I voted for him because he claims and evidences point that he is Christian. He claims to hold some of the same biblical principles I do, though VERY far off in doctrine!! The fact that he did not seem to carry out many of the things he wanted to do while in office is certainty debatable, and maybe not totally his fault.

I believe (humanly speaking) if Christians would just take a stand and vote on biblical values instead of party lines our country (Lord willing) would not be in such a mess. Instead many do not put their faith in God like they should, and vote for what they think is the best without truly consulting God about it.

2 chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land

I will never expect a candidate (unless it is me, and as of this year I am eligible to be president) to be lined up with me 100% on all issues but they better line up 100% on the ones that are clear in the Bible, mainly Abortion,embryonic stem cell research, and Homosexuality. Then and only then will I worry about their beliefs on other issues. Yes I know candidates talk the talk, and we never really know what they will do until they get in office, I can only take what they say with a grain of salt, look at their record and PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!.

My personal convictions tell me I cannot vote Obama or Mcain

I told Lisa when the initial primary debates started that if either Rudy Giuliani or John Mcain win the primary, I will not vote for them, because their stance on abortion is so weak. Then came Sara Palin a women who seems to hold some of the same values I do, I pondered and prayed what to do. I could go on and on about not voting for Mcain but I digress. My bottom line(besides his historically weak abortion stance) on why not to vote for Mcain came down to:
1. Palin was not Mcain’s first choice (Joe Liberman was!) which leaves me to believe that Palin may not influence Mcain as much as people think.
2. Voting for John Mcain will not elect Sara Palin President.
3. Most of all After much prayer about who I should vote for a friend introduced me to another Presidential candidate who holds the same values as I do, I believe this candidate is the right choice for me. Chuck Baldwin


Romans 14:23 says
23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

I do not have any faith whatsoever that Barack Obama or John Mcain are going to lead this country down the right path, I don’t even think they will make an attempt to! Do you?


Yes I know without divine intervention, the candidate I vote for will not win, but that is not my concern. You can’t tell me you know for sure if who you vote for will win either. I pray neither Obama nor Mcain get in. I don’t expect that to be the case (lack of faith I guess), but is our church still praying for a million dollars??

Does this mean if you vote for Mcain you are wrong? I don’t know that’s between you and God. , if you are convicted about something and someone else is not, it may not be a sin for the person who has a different conviction.

For me personally to vote for Mcain would be wrong.
Sorry for my rant, I only share this because when I was struggling with what to do a friend helped me and I didn’t really ask him too, I just prayed.

I hope this did not come across as prideful or arrogant in anyway I am only sharing what has been on my heart for several weeks now. I surely do not think I am better than any of you because of a different stance I may take.

Do right and TRUST God
2 things I am not all that good at!!

My 2 cents which in this economy might just might be worth a hay penny!

Here are just a few articles concerning this


mcain pro life what a joke



compare mcain and baldwins stances on abortion


a wasted vote


why christians should not vote for mcain


http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/speech.html

www.baldwin08.com
www.chuckbaldwinlive.com

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds